Is It Time for a New HVAC System? Find Out Today!
March 26, 2015
HVAC systems aren't immortal, no matter how hard you wish they were. Figuring out when it's time to purchase a new HVAC system can be a bit daunting, but it's not an impossible task. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to find out whether or not it's time for a new HVAC system:
- How many years have you had your current HVAC system? If you have a heat pump or air conditioner that's over 10 years old or a furnace or boiler that's over 15 years old, then it's time to consider a replacement.
- How much does it cost to maintain your system? HVAC systems often require increasingly frequent repairs as they age. Also, they may become increasingly inefficient as time passes, resulting in ever-increasing energy bills.
- How well does your HVAC system maintain your home comfort? If it's struggling to keep areas of your home warm or cool, then you should at least have it checked out by your technician. Systems with chronic heating and cooling problems should be replaced.
- Does your HVAC system make excessive noise? There are plenty of issues that could cause a noisy HVAC system. At the very least, you should have your technician check your system out.
- Is excessive dust a problem in your home? If so, you should check for leaky ductwork and/or a clogged air filter. If this doesn't fix the problem, it may be time to upgrade your HVAC system.
- Does it still use R-22 refrigerant? R-22 is on the way out, making it increasingly hard to find and very expensive to use. Consider upgrading your HVAC system to one that uses the latest R-410A refrigerant.
The pros at Lozier Heating & Cooling
can help you find the ideal HVAC system you've been looking for. Contact us today for your heating and cooling needs throughout the Des Moines area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Des Moines, Iowa area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: "All-vectors/Shutterstock"