Learn How to Handle a Pressuring HVAC Salesperson
March 22, 2016
Nobody likes high-pressure sales tactics when simply inquiring about a company's products and services. This is especially true when it's a product or service that you are unfamiliar with. So, unless you are a certified expert incondensing furnaces, energy audits, zonal temperature control or any other HVAC product, read on to learn how a professional HVAC salesperson and company should treat you.
One of the underlying strategies of high-pressure sales tactics is to excite an emotion - even fear and anxiety - to trigger an impulse purchase. These may be expensive purchases, such as a new car or timeshare, or something as simple as a soda at the grocery checkout lane.
When you are dealing with a pushy HVAC salesperson or any salesperson for that matter, consider these tips:
- Take your time and refuse to be rushed.
- Do your research before contacting an HVAC company. A serious company will have a website with useful information, company history and more.
- Research the products you may be interested in installing in your home. Would you benefit with a whole-home air purifier or humidifier? The more you know the better.
- You should understand all aspects of your service, product or purchase. The HVAC industry has undergone remarkable advances in technology and indoor environmental control in recent years. Just keep in mind it may take more than a few minutes to explain your options.
- Expect warranties and guarantees to be standard. Most companies will offer upgraded extended and annual service plans. Though, make sure you are getting your money's worth.
- You are the customer and it is your investment. You should not be bullied, intimidated or caused to be confused at any time.
- Only do business with reputable HVAC contractors that have been doing business in Greater Des Moines for many years. An established company is less likely to goad you into something you don't necessarily need or understand.
For a high-quality and no-pressure HVAC salesperson to help with your next HVAC service or product, please contact the experts at Lozier Heating & Cooling
. We've proudly served residents of Greater Des Moines since 1906!
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Des Moines, Iowa area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: "greiss-design/Shutterstock"