HVAC Service Manager Opening
We are looking for a full time, dependable HVAC Service Manager to join our award-winning team. If you have a desire to become a leader at a thriving local business with a legacy of exemplary customer service, we want to speak with you about this opportunity.
Lozier Heating & Cooling has been in the heating and cooling business in the Des Moines area for 115 years. We need a responsible, motivated service manager to oversee our HVAC Services Division. We specialize in the repair and replacement of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment for residential and light commercial customers.
What you can expect from us:
As an established and growing company, we offer great benefits, including:
- Top pay compensatory with experience
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401(K) and health insurance
- Company vehicle
- And more
If you’re interested in this position and think you’d be a good fit for our team, please email us at Info@LozierHeatingCooling.com with your resume and salary requirements. Selected candidates will be called for an interview.
The HVAC Service Manager is responsible for the management and facilitation, administration, growth and profitability of the HVAC Services Division. The HVAC Services Division provides services, consisting of, but not limited to: Preventative maintenance and repair (or replacement) of HVAC equipment, electrical controls, pneumatic controls, DDC controls, boiler controls, pumps, air conditioning, minor piping and sheet metal repairs.
- Work with the service coordinator to identify, organize and coordinate all HVAC Services Division workload, including scheduling and prioritizing of manpower and materials based on the profitability of work performed, the capabilities of available technicians, the known or expected complexity of the perceived work, and the planned and/or promised completion time/date.
- Manage the training efforts for the Service Department.
- Develop and implement growth measures to increase sales volume of the Division, including promotion and sales of HVAC service capabilities to customer facilities, preventative maintenance and progressive time agreements.
- Prepare and assist with estimates for equipment, materials, projects, and services and develop proposals for presentation to customers, based on preliminary site review and analysis of project with the customer, often involving cost-effectiveness or return on investment calculations.
- Analyze specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects and/or services.
- Review and manage ongoing job cost accounting to allow timely reviews of effectiveness and profitability of all work performed.
- Establish Service “On-Call” schedule and dispatching emergency service.
- Support Service Technicians’ needs and provide technical assistance as required.
- Review and approve all Divisional personnel timesheets.
- Monitor field reports/tickets for accuracy.
- Coordinate inventories, including HVAC Services vans’ rolling stock.
- Provide annual performance appraisals and salary reviews jointly with owners.
- Monitor the quality of the service provided through regular jobsite visits.
- Manage and sustain high levels of customer satisfaction and provide solutions for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lozier Management Team.
Professional and industry-specific certifications and State licenses.
Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in Mechanical Services, Temperature Controls, HVAC, and /or facilities management. Documentable sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, extroverted, tactful, organized, results and goal-oriented professional.
- Driven by a desire to satisfy customers and provide a high level of customer service.
- Computer literate with knowledge of office products, equipment, and procedures.
- Must follow-up in a timely manner; deliver on commitments internal and external.
- Ability to communicate value and sell service contracts. Capable of successfully closing the sale and providing follow-up to assure strong customer relationships.
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Must be able to read / hear / write / spell / type and speak English clearly.
- Able to understand and follow written instructions, communicate effectively orally and written, and must be able to listen effectively.
- Possess prioritizing / organizational / multitasking and stress management skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment physical health screen.
Salary and benefits package will be based on experience and ability to perform the position.
HVAC SERVICE TECHS
If you are a hardworking technician with a desire to work with a winning team, we want to speak with you. We have been in the heating and cooling business in the Des Moines area 110 years and are seeking motivated service/installation technicians for residential and light commercial work. We specialize in the repair and replacement of air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment.
What you can expect from us
As an established and growing company, we are able to offer:
- Qualified applicants will receive a $2000 signing bonus
- Top pay compensatory with experience
- Paid holidays and overtime
- Paid Vacation
- 401(K) and Health Insurance
- Apprenticeship program
- And more
- HVAC systems by mounting, installing, fabricating, or connecting compressors, condensers, evaporators, expansion valves, motors, temperature and humidity controls, fans, control panels, switches, fuses, filters, gauges, ducts, piping, tubing, and related components.
- Test and repair HVAC systems by operating the system; identifying malfunctions; repairing or replacing refrigerants, parts, and components.
- Document actions by completing equipment records and electronic service tickets
- Install Heating and Cooling systems in homes and small commercial projects
- Basic sheet metal skills for installation of ductwork and heating systems
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following procedures, complying with legal regulations.
At this time we are seeking candidates who are licensed by the State of Iowa for HVAC or have HVAC schooling from an accredited technical school such as DMACC or Vatterott collage. We are willing to train a strong candidate but must have a HVAC work or school history. High levels of professionalism are expected by all our employees, have good verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, we are looking for technicians who are only satisfied with a job well done and constantly seek to improve their skills. Be willing to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, CEU’s, reading technical publications. This is not a meet the minimum requirements type of position.
HVAC Systems, Equipment Maintenance, Basic Safety, Documentation Skills, Conceptual Skills, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Lifting, Job Knowledge, Productivity
Come work for a winning team!
To start the process for employment with Lozier Heating and Cooling, please complete the form below.
Lozier Heating & Cooling is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.